Friday, October 9, 2009

a pumpkin craft...approved by Peighton



This one is kinda silly but still loved by my almost-three-year-old!

I love that we were able to use things we had around the house too!

Supplies

Lids of juice cans
Elmer's school glue
food coloring (red and yellow)
construction paper
magnets
Glue gun

Mix about 1/2 cup glue with the food coloring to  make orange. (I looked on the back of my box to see how many drops of each it took to make orange.)
Peighton LOVED the mixing the glue part and watching it change colors!

Next, pour it onto the juice lid.  Be careful not to put in too much-we did and had one overflow!

Let it dry for a few days.

Peel off the dried glue.
Cut shapes for the face of the pumpkin and the stem.
Glue on.

I used the glue gun to attach the magnets to the back, I thought it might stick a little better.

Here are our finished pumpkins....and my happy little pumpkin too!
She sent some off to her grandmas-they are going to love it!



No comments:

Welcome to the Posh Petunia!

The Posh Petunia is rapidly expanding!
Come and see some of the fun I've been up to!
My site is www.poshpetunia.etsy.com if you would like to see more!